This is from The Star :
- A businessman agreed to be a nominee for a RM445mil syndicated loan facility as two individuals told him that they were principals acting for (Finance Minister) Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim
- Low Thiam Hoe, 55, said he believed Hamzah Harun and Mohd Faiz Abdullah of Arus Murni Sdn Bhd in an instant when they told him in March 1997 that they were principals acting on behalf of Anwar (the Finance Minister)..
- “They told me about a deal where I, together with certain other individuals and/or companies, were to finance the majority shareholders of Arus Murni Corporation Bhd (AMCB) in return for a pledge or mortgage of our respective shareholdings in AMCB as security for some syndicated loan arranged by the plaintiff (Hong Leong Finance),” he said.
- He said he agreed to be a nominee for the syndicated loan transaction based on the representation, adding that it was also because Mohd Faiz was Anwar’s speech writer.
- he said there were Arus Murni, Hood Osman, Nik Hussain Nik Mohamed and Mekuritek Sdn Bhd.
- he said: “From what I know, they are all cronies of Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.”
- Questioned by Hong Leong’s lawyer, Low agreed that he knew what he was getting into concerning the deal.
- Paramalingam told the court that Anwar refused to accept the subpoena when it was served on him on Wednesday evening at Parliament.
- would move to the court to compel the Opposition Leader to attend court.
- The hearing continues on April 12
Well, this is another Court case involving you know who. Nallakaruppan is also getting ready to do battle with him in Court. Nallakaruppan better hire some more tough bodyguards. And be careful when he is driving. You will never know when you are going to be a victim of a hit and run. Azizan Abu Bakar's wife was killed by mysterious people in a hit and run accident. Guess who was in power at that time?
Couple of interesting points here though. The guy has refused to accept the subpoena. Why?
According to the Law, a subpoena (which is actually an instrument of the Court) can be served on anyone. Otherwise the Court system will cease to function - just like the divorce cases in the Syariah Courts before. If people can just ignore subpoenas and summonses then what is the purpose of having the Courts in the first place? He refused to swear on the Quran, refused to swear in the masjid, refused to be questioned in the Liwat Trial and now refuses to accept the subpoena to appear in Court.
The other point is of course, even if subpoenaed to appear in Court the guy will say 'Kam Sa Dau' (which is "I dont know" in Vietnamese). He will deny everything. Well, what else can he do? Takkan nak mengaku saja. Habis lah career.
But lets figure this out. Are we supposed to believe that this Chinaman towkay just signed up an RM445 million loan based on a whim and a fancy? I dont think so. And the purpose of the loan was to take control of a Melayu financial institution, related to UMNO? Must have been a bloody audacious Chinaman.
Folks, you know, I know, the neighbour's cat knows that in this country, even until today you cannot even dream of taking over any financial institution without the blessing of the powers that be, especially the Finance Minister. No honey, no fly. What more a Chinaman taking over a bank owned by the UMNO boys.
So to say that the towkay got up one morning and said, "Hmmm...today I will just go over to the Bank and sign up an RM445 million loan. Then I will take that money and see if I can go and buy that Melayu owned, UMNO related financial institution" does not make sense at all.
Is that how Chinaman towkays do things in this country?
Or lets imagine for a minute Hong Leong Finance which gave out the RM445 million loan. (Err by the way this Hong Leong Finance was owned by Quek Leng Chan - who was a vely, vely good friend of you know who at that time.)
Imagine the Board of Directors or the Credit Committee of Hong Leong discussing this loan application.
Managing Director : 'Err Mr Chairman, this audacious Chinaman Mr Low Thiam Hoe wants to borrow RM445 million. He wants to use the money to buy over a bumiputra owned (and bloody UMNO related) finance company. We recommend for the Credit Committee to approve this loan'.
Chairman : 'OK chaps. Sounds good. Lets just give him the RM445 million loan. Chinese towkays buy up UMNO controlled companies all the time. That's that. So whats next?'
Managing Director : 'Lunch will be served soon. Its corporate dim-sum today'.
Chairman : 'Splendid. Sounds delicious'.
If you think this is how Chinaman towkays conduct business, please go and have your head examined.
This was a 'done deal'. At least that was what Low Thiam Hoe thought. Unfortunately he never knew what was going on under the covers. Neither did he know about a woman by the name of Ummi Hafilda Ali - who would throw a major spanner in the works.
Lets wait for Nallakaruppan's day in Court as well. At the Press Conferences he had last week, Nallakarupan also said he knows who is the father of that child. Or alternatively who is the child of that father. It is going to be quite interesting.
(I did not say this. That is what Nallakaruppan said at his Press Conference. It is in the public record. Go to Unspinners or AIDC and read the reports). Here are two pictures of one of those Press Conferences by Nallakaruppan.
Please note something extremely very interesting in these pictures.
Before that, Dato Shafee Abdullah is the lawyer acting for Nalla. This means Anwar Ibrahim is already in serious trouble. Shafee is a topnotch trial lawyer. Mampus Anwar kalau kena grilling kat Shafee Abdullah dalam Mahkamah.
The others in the picture are all formerly strong Anwar Ibrahim supporters like Members of Parliament YB Zulkifli Noordin, YB Zahrain Hashim and YB Gobala. They have all come to realise the real chameleon who has fooled them. There is one more Chinese guy in the picture who is supposed to be among the founder members of Keadilan way back in 1999. He too has jumped ship and wants to expose the real Anwar Ibrahim.
But the interesting thing I want to point out is Ruslan Kassim (seated second from extreme right, in the second picture above). Ruslan Kassim was an extreme Anwarista, a strongman in ABIM, former law lecturer at the Islamic University in the 90s (where he taught my wife) and an out and out supporter of Brader Anwar Bin Ibrahim. Ruslan was also a Magistrate in the Courts at one time. They have all turned against Anwar Ibrahim now.
Look at the two pictures again folks. Do you see any UMNO boys or BN boys? Nope. These are ALL ex-Pakatan guys. They were all fooled by the chameleon. They are correcting their mistakes now. Lets see what else comes out in the Courts.