I did not know that. Till I read this in the newspaper:
- Datuk S. Ambiga .. is not fit to lead the movement because of her ties with the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transsexual (LGBT) community,
- Nasharudin Mat Isa said PAS should instead take the lead in the Bersih 3.0 demonstration planned for Saturday.
- “.. homosexuals are not even fit to be dined with. If we follow the fatwa, then yes, Ambiga should definitely not lead the Bersih 2.0 movement or the demonstration,”
- anti-LGBT forum in Universiti Teknologi Malaysia here yesterday.
- better for PAS to lead it instead of someone who supports the LGBT cause,” he said.
- forum was organised by Pertubuhan Muafakat Sejahtera Masyarakat Malaysia (Muafakat)
- ".. homosexuality as a cancer, disease and “behaviour worse than animals”, they said
- “I don't care about being called homophobic because I will oppose homosexuality till my dying breath,” said Mahamad Naser.
- forum followed an anti-LGBT demonstration held in Universiti Putra Malaysia on Saturday.
Folks, so the street demonstration planned for this Saturday has been changed to a gay and lesbian rights march. Getting a bit confusing here. It started off as an anti-EC rally. Then the anti- PTPTN demonstrators joined in. Now it is becoming a gay and lesbian rally. Oh well.
By the way, even post graduate PhD students are getting involved in the anti-PTPTN rally. Here is The Star again :
- Student charged with obstructing City Hall officer
- A student allegedly involved in the Occupy Dataran movement has been charged in a magistrate’s court here... "..pleaded not guilty to deliberately obstructing City Hall enforcement officer from discharging his duties in detaining and escorting Fahmi Reza Zarin, 35."
What? A 35 year old demonstrator?
I thought these were all 20 year old undergrad university students? What was a 35 year old fellow doing at the anti-PTPTN rally? Maybe he was a postgrad PhD student? Maybe.
Last week we received info that more than half the anti-PTPTN demonstrators at Dataran Merdeka were not students. (As though that is any big surprise). Many are unemployed PAS guys who are obviously paid something to demonstrate at the Dataran. Food is provided. Cant figure out where they go for the toilet though. The river is nearby.
Anyway here are some old pictures I picked up on the Net.
Above and below : The Madonna, En el nombre de la Virgen
Pic above : Birds of a feather ..
Before and after shots (ie rabies shots)
Conclusion : Anything goes. Mono, poly, hetero, homo, bi, trans.