- Hostage crisis: Three of five Malaysians working in gas facility safe
- PUTRAJAYA: Five Malaysians were working at the gas facility complex in Amenas during the hostage incident, said the Malaysian Embassy in Algeria, of which three are currently safe.
- However, the Embassy is still looking determining the fate of the remaining two Malaysians.
- The Malaysian Embassy in the nation's capital, Algiers, said that it had successfully communicated with Patrick Purait Awang, Lau Seek Chiang and K Ravi, and confirmed they are currently safe said the Foreign Affairs Ministry in a statement on Saturday.
- The Embassy is also facilitating the process to bring back the three Malaysians to Kuala Lumpur.
It will also be a great relief for the three brave Malaysians Patrick Purait Awang, Lau Seek Chiang and K Ravi that they will be coming home soon. Brave because they are working so far away from home in the Sahara Desert.
Let us keep our hopes up that the remaining two Malaysians are found safe and sound and that they too will be home soon. I hope the Press will play up this issue. This is the time to pull together folks. If we dont care for ourselves, no one else will.