Here is the news from The Star. You can click on the link to read the full report :
- DAP queried over fund for Sri Lankan war victims
- DAP discrepancies in amount collected under Sri Lanka War Victims’ Fund
- doubts among supporters, said former Selangor DAP auditor Tan Tuan Tat.
- DAP held donation 2009 to assist war-torn Sri Lanka via “Mercy Mission To Wanni”.
- “secretary Sateesh Kumar stated RM73,960 collected, RM65,000 with organisation."
- “P. Ramasamy announced RM73,451 collected.."
- transferred from party’s account to Mercy Mission’s Sri Lanka War Victims’ Fund,”
- British org – Mercy Mission UK, Mercy Mission Limited, Mercy Mission Int'l – first still active.
- “scrutiny by lawyers revealed RM73,481 deposited from DAP’s account into an account number linked (??) to Mercy Mission UK.
- “However, what is even more shocking is that there are no records of any sort on Sri Lanka Fund or Mercy Mission to Wanni campaign in the financial report of Mercy Mission UK or Mercy Mission Limited, which was active between 2009 and 2011,” he alleged.
- first highlighted in an online news portal last year
- “DAP has to clear the air over the fund. There are discrepancies which have raised doubts over the exact amount collected and whom it was channelled to,”
- many Tamil suppporters contribute to the fund
- “some of them were poor, they still donated to help Tamils in Sri Lanka. Now, many of them are questioning me as to where their money went,”
- shocked to learn ..that their donations had not been channelled to the war victims.
- Lim Guan Eng washing his hands of the matter
- “Lim Guan Eng owes the public an explanation and should not hide behind his deputy.."
In just one term in office they have racked up (or wrecked up) quite an impressive list of scandals.
- The Kg Buah Pala land grab
- the Taman Manggis land issue
- the 10,500 acres in Kelantan
- the Talam scandal in Selangor
- the issuing of hundreds if not thousands of massage parlour, spa licenses in Selangor
- CEC election results fiasco and now
- donations for the Tamils in Sri Lanka scandal.
This happened in 2009, just one year in their term in office - only RM70 plus thousand involved.
The guy who is spilling the beans is a DAP guy himself. This is coming from the inside. And he was no less than an auditor for Selangor DAP by the name of Tan Tuan Tat. So ini bukan saya cakap, ini bukan UMNO konspirasi tahu. Ini auditor DAP Selangor yang cakap.
And then the munafiks say they are whiter than white.
I keep repeating - democracy will die in this country if the Pakatan comes to power. This is just one example.
The Pakatan dunggus cannot explain why the BN Government is holding a Royal Commission of Inquiry into the Muslim refugees given citizenship in Sabah issue. Wont it tarnish the image of the BN? And the "Judge" presiding over the Royal Commission of Inquiry in Sabah is a non-Muslim Chinese, who will decide why a largely Muslim led Government gave citizenship to over 60,000 mostly Muslim refugees. Now why would the BN Government want to do that?
The answer is simple : The BN Government has nothing to hide.
But here we see Tan Tuan Tat, former auditor of DAP Selangor saying that Lim Guan Eng has tai chi-ed this whole Tamil donations scandal to his deputy in Penang P Ramasamy. So now Ramasamy is going to hang for this "Tamil money go where ah?" issue. Just like that machai fellow resigned over stitching the CEC election results fiasco.
I think there is more to this than meets the eye. I hope former DAP Selangor auditor Tan Tuan Tat will keep digging into this scandal.