- ALGIERS - Islamist attacked gas field Wednesday, kidnapped 41 foreigners
- retaliation for France's intervention in Mali.
- killed three people, including a Briton and a French national.
- raid because Algeria's allow France to use air space for attack in Mali
- first time in years an attack on an Algerian energy facility.
- implications for security across Algeria's energy sector
- supplies quarter of Europe's gas and exports millions of barrels of oil each year.
- al-Qaida obtain arms from looted arsenals of former leader Muammar Gaddafi.
There are three basic jihadi groups in Mali.
- Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM)
- Ansar Dine (Defenders of the Faith)
- Movement for Unity and Jihad in West Africa (MUJWA).
AQIM was formerly known as the Group Salafist for Preaching and Combat (GSPC). AQIM is thought to be well financed out of kidnapping ransoms and control of smuggling corridors, including cocaine.
Ansar Dine is led by Iyad Ag Ghali, a Tuareg leader. Mr. Ghali, once known for womanizing and mercenary deals, has played rebel leader, hostage negotiator, even member of the Malian government. He is believed to have been “radicalized” as Mali’s envoy to Saudi Arabia..
MUJWA initially emerged as a “splinter” group from AQIM, but seem to operate as AQIM’s proxy in and around the city of Gao. MUJWA is thought to have close ties to major drug dealers in the region, and it raises funds through kidnapping for ransom. Its membership includes a wide array of foreign jihadists.
Two things are in common here : The first thing is these jihadi groups have links with drug smuggling and kidnapping for ransom. Their leaders are also known for womanising - so you see the 'saya pemimpin Islam' crooks are found even in the Sahara desert - where the sand gets into everything.
The second thing is they are all Salafists or Wahabis (both are the same.). All over the world now, from Tunisia to Libya, Egypt, Syria, Gaza, Yemen, Afghanistan. Iraq and Pakistan it is the Salafists who are becoming dominant. Malaysia better watch out. They are already here.
The entire world knows that the Salafists are financed by Saudi Arabia. This is a Saudi export backed by Saudi oil money. And the main tools for spreading the Salafi belief are the Pakistani jihadists. Saudi Arabian and Pakistani Salafi jihadists are the terrible twins working together to spread chaos around the world. Dont say I did not tell you.
Here is more news :
- conflict raised concerns across Muslim West Africa of radicalization
- Senegal President Macky Sall warned citizens to be vigilant for attacks.
- We must be on the watch in our towns and villages because infiltrations are taking place," he said
- "You will hear foreign preachers talking in the name of Islam."
"Infiltrations are taking place, foreign preachers talking in the name of Islam."
These foreign preachers are also here in Malaysia, operating freely and without restriction. I have raised this matter time and again - we have to prevent these psychos from entering the country. They are mostly Pakistanis, Indians and Arabs. Just like in Mali or Senegal they are funded by Saudi oil money to preach their brand of Salafism.
Tapi kita tidur. The standard reply is "everything is under control, we are observing them, we are scratching our behinds, we are having lunch."
During his time, the 'saya pemimpin Islam' brader gave PR status (talk about the RCI fuss over Moro refugees in Sabah being given citizenship) to the likes of Indonesian terrorist mastermind Abu Bakar Bashir. There were also a smattering of foreign jihadists and other nuts who were given shelter in Malaysia by the 'saya pemimpin Islam' and his cohorts. Now the country is infested with them.