Please also click on this link to Zamkata's : KELANTAN AKAN IKUT LANGKAH ACHEH LARANG WANITA KANGKANG
This is why Chua Soi Lek is right again. This is creeping jihadism. The jihadists and religious freaks try to sneak in their strange views little by little. This is happening in Aceh, in Kelantan and in our Government schools and the education system.
Last year there was this news about Aceh (at the Northern tip of Sumatera) which is now entering the Club of Doom. The religious authority there had banned women from wearing pants. Here is the news :
- Furore over pants ruling
- Morality Police (Wilayahtul Hisbah) hauling up women wearing tight trousers.
- make women hand over tight trousers on the spot.
- CLAD in dark jeans, a long-sleeved top and headscarf, Henny is exasperated.
- “Why is it that it is always the woman’s body that is subject to this or that regulation? It’s a pity our freedom on how to dress is being taken away from us.
- “And what about the men? What regulations do they have to shield their eyes?” she adds pointedly.
- LHOKSEUMAWE, Aceh – Authorities in Aceh pressing ahead with Islamic law that would ban female passengers from straddling motorbikes
- Aceh introduced a version of Shariah in 2009
- The Aceh laws regulate women's dress and public morality, require shops and other places to close at prayer time, and are enforced by a special unit. Punishments can include public caning.
And they are stupid laws. Why ban the woman who rides pillion and not the woman who sits in front and drives the bike? What is the difference from the woman who rides pillion and the woman who sits in front?
Not long after this they will say that the women cannot ride motorbikes at all. After that women cannot work, women should stay at home etc. Just like the Taliban.
They just make life difficult for themselves.
Now here is my question : If this is shariah in Aceh then when are they going to implement it in Kelantan? Takkan syariah di Aceh lain daripada syariah di Kelantan? Takkan tuhan dia lain-lain. There cannot be a different shariah law in Aceh and a different shariah law in Kelantan. So when will Kelantan ban women pillion riders from sitting normally on motorbikes?
If they insist that women sit sideways it is dangerous to their safety. You can easily fall off the bike and get hurt. The ostats never think about all this. To make things easier for their otak, ultimately they may just ban women from riding motorbikes in Aceh. Period. Just wait and see.