- Muslim ‘modesty patrol’ stalking streets of London
- Destruction of advertising by "Muslim patrol."
- LONDON – Borough officials, community leaders and police condemned a group of self-proclaimed vigilantes who took it upon themselves to patrol the streets of London confronting people they deemed as indulging in “non-Muslim” behavior.
- Earlier this month, a group who had claimed an area in East London was a “Muslim area” had told people that alcohol was banned, or that they were dressed inappropriately.
- The group, who dubbed itself a “Muslim patrol,” filmed the incidents and posted the footage on YouTube.
- In one video, which was first published last week by the UK news portal The Commentator, the group could be seen destroying advertisements for H&M lingerie on bus shelters in the Whitechapel area of London.
- Another video shows the group harassing members of the public for consuming alcohol. In one incident, a member of the public is told to dispose of a can of beer he is drinking.
- In yet another video, which begins with a logo stating that “Islam will dominate the world,” followed by a homophobic graphic, the group can be seen shouting at a man.
- One member of the “patrol” shouts: “Hello mate, don’t you know this is a Muslim area?” He asks the man why he is dressed “like that” while another shouts “Homosexual! Homosexual.”
- When the man, who appears clearly distressed in the video, asks why they are bothering him, the group hurls abuse at him.
- “Because you’re walking through a Muslim area dressed like a fag. You need to get out of here.” “You’re gay mate, get out of here you bloody fag. Don’t stay around here anymore.”
- The self-styled group also stops people for dressing “inappropriately”
- One young woman confronted by the group said she was appalled by their actions. “This is Great Britain,” she said, to which the patrol can be heard saying, “We don’t care. It’s not so Great Britain, you understand? Vigilantes are implementing Islam.”
- The London Metropolitan Police said that they are treating the incidents with “appropriate gravity,” adding that they are aware of the incidents and are increasing police patrols in the area.
- A London Muslim Center spokesman said, “We wholly condemn their behavior. They are not welcome in our community. We deplore the actions of a small minority who sow discord within our communities. It has no place in our faith, neither in its teachings nor practices.”
What does the Quran say :
[2:141] That was a community from the past. They are responsible for what they earned, and you are responsible for what you earned. You are not answerable for anything they did.
It is a ma'aruf (that which is good) not to force your "religious" views and beliefs on others. If you force your "religious" beliefs on others then that becomes a munkar (that which is not good).
These fools in London are behaving stupid because they do not read and understand the Quran. They are jahil or ignorant.