- Two escaped detainees shot dead in Bukit Mertajam (Update)
- Two of the seven detainees shot dead at Kampung Padang Ibu in Bukit Mertajam.
- tip-off that the two suspects were spotted in a car in the Kubang Semang area about 12.30pm.
- “car skidded into river. Both men alighted and one of them, Mohd Fairus Adam, 31, opened fire
- “The police officers shot back and both suspects were hit,”
- The other suspect who was shot dead was Mohd Noor Ahmad Mustafa, aged 28.
If the Police escort had done their duty then this tragedy would not have happened. Seven detainees escaped from the Police escort by faking a fight and throwing maggi mee powder on the faces of the Policemen. We sometimes see this on tv - in the funnier movies.
This is not the first time that detainees have escaped quite easily from Police custody, especially while under escort. Now there are calls that detainees should be handcuffed behind their backs. Anyone can slip their handcuffed hands under their legs.
Detainees and prisoners will attempt to escape if they see weaknesses or loopholes in the system. Constant vigilance is a good solution.