Detail of the Press Conference
Organizer: Malaysia Youth Right Movement (MYRM)
Venue: Townview, Seafoood Restaurant, 11 Macalister Road, 10400 Penang
1) Submit memorandum to CM Lim Guan Eng
2) Press release on cyberbullies
Contact No: 010 2660885
PRESS STATEMENT on foul languages used by cyber bullies
(Embargoed for release until 22nd March 2013)
There has been a surge in the numbers of cyber bullies who resort to foul languages on Facebook and other social media platform as the main stream platform to disseminate spinned stories and twisted facts multiple Facebook phantom accounts to politicize postings on Facebook fan pages feeding information on national current affairs and news. The question is do we want our children and fellow Malaysians to evolve into a barbarian and uncivilized citizens of tomorrow who preaches everything using foul languages?
As its getting nearer to the General Election, online cyber warfare has become more intensified and more violent. The most important aspect is that we must maintain certain level of ethics online.
Do we want our children to behave and talk rudely?
Do you want our wives or mothers to monitor our kids’ online activities, restricting all their freedom?
Do you want to see our students in universities continued to be brain washed and influenced to adopt the culture of “foul languages”?
This Press statement seeks to re-emphasize that whilst it’s imperative to maintain a healthy democracy, we must be stern in preventing foul mouth and verbal abuse penetrating our home, newspapers, Chinese associations, and country.
We have identified many foul and rude languages, derogatory pictures, visuals and graphics online, being used especially in facebooks. We would like to question whether or not this was a coordinated movement . Upon further findings, we observed that this was indeed a concerted and collaborated efforts by certain syndicates to continue instilling the culture of “foul words”, racial division, and anger to the general public. They have identified themselves very well online, through their profile picture in facebook denotating the wordings of “red bean army “红豆兵”。
The Red Beans Army are connected to a list of facebook pages. All of the items mentioned above which promote hatred and foul mouth can be found through here :http://malaysiansunite.blogspot.com/
这些“红豆兵”也活跃于一连串面子书页。以上提及的粗暴“文化”可以在这个网站上浏览 : http://malaysianunite.blogspot.com/
The recent incident of Wong Kim May who appeared in a video in support of the ruling Government has exposed the modus operandi of online cyber bullies who basically intimidate anyone/commentators who are in support of ruling government especially on Facebook. The video went viral and was disseminated across various pro opposition Facebook pages. One Facebook page has at time of writing garnered 551 likes and 1871 shares. (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=448515228552240). Links to personal pictures of the victim were circulated amongst pro opposition supporters as she was labeled profanities as calls for sexual violence and murder were made and mostly well received. This was perpuated on various pro opposition pages as well as directed at the victims personal Facebook page.
最近网民Wong Kim Mei小姐深受其害（她拍摄并上载了一个支持政府的“洗衣”视频），这事件是暴露这些网络暴民运作模式的最佳例子。他们利用粗暴无礼的留言来恐吓和欺负那些支持政府的网民。这个视频也通过面子书得到了相当广大的曝光率。其中一个相关帖子更是吸引了551个“赞”和1871 个转载(https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=448515228552240)。这些网霸们把受害者者王小姐的私人照片公诸于亲反对党网民的网页，把其标榜成为一个“爱慕虚荣”的人，并邀请这些亲反对党网民对其做出人身攻击以及激烈的恐吓她，如高喊强奸她！谋杀她！令人心寒的是，很多亲反对党的网民都热烈响应这些可怕的号召。这些言论都发表在著名的亲反对党网页，以及受害者的私人面子书帐页。
- The death and rape threats made to Wong Kim May by some cyber bullies in the Internet and social media had exceeded the tolerance of any reasonable man, not to mention the abusive and vulgar languages together with pornographic pictures.
- After taking legal advice, the MYRM(Malaysian Youth Right Movement) is assisting the victim in taking the following affirmative action:-
2.1 To report to the Police to investigate the perpetrators under Section 354 of the Penal Code for assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty which is punishable with imprisonment of 10 years, or with fine or with whipping;
2.2 To report to the Police to investigate the perpetrators under Section 499 of the Penal Code for criminal defamation which is punishable with imprisonment of 2 years, or with fine;
2.2 To report to the Police to investigate the perpetrators under Section 503 of the Penal Code for criminal intimidation which is punishable with imprisonment of 7 years, or with fine or both in this case;
2.3 To report to the Police to investigate the perpetrators under Section 509 of the Penal Code for word or gesture intended to insult the modesty of a person which is punishable with imprisonment of 5 years, or with fine or both;
2.4 To report to the Malaysian Communications and multimedia Commission to investigate the perpetrators under Section 211 and 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998, which shall, on conviction, be liable to a fine not exceeding RM50,000.00 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 1 year or to both and shall also be liable to a further fine of RM1,000.00 for every day or part of a day during which the offence is continued after conviction; and
向马来西亚通讯与多媒体委员会投诉，并让其引用１９９８年通讯于多媒体法令第２１１ 和２３３条文来调查此案。此两项条文的惩处将会是罚款不超过５０，０００ 令吉，或监禁不超过一年，或两者兼施。如果被定罪后仍持续犯案，将被罚款每天１０００令吉。
2.5 The victim will institute civil action for defamation against the perpetrators.
- MYRM will also assist the victim to identify every single perpetrator and expose their outraging behaviours, in particular, those who posted the offensive remarks with their real identities and family photographs.
- MYRM will also assist the victim to report to the Facebook, Youtube and any other relevant Internet Protocol address providers for the abusive behaviours of the perpetrators.
- For those fictitious perpetrators, our lawyers is also in the process of liaising with their US and UK lawyers to proceed with discovery actions against Facebook, Youtube and any other relevant Internet Protocol address providers to ascertain the true identities of the perpetrators.
- If any of the perpetrators wish to repent and apologise to the victim, they shall step forward within 3 days and contact Mr Choo Kok Leong(Vice President of MYRM) at 010-2660885, the victim is willing to forgive their foolish acts.
7. The victim will pursue with the above criminal and civil actions after 3 days in full vigour against those who refuses to repent.
- MYRM support freedom of speech in the cyber world and any netizen is free to agree or disagree with any advertisement or comments or opinions, but to resort to hooliganism in the cyber world is unacceptable, in particular harming a young netizen with abusive language
Other examples of cyber bullying
Other recent instance of cyber bullying has also occurred to a famous local Malaysian Celebrity, Leng Yein who merely expressed her personal opinion on her own Facebook fan page that petrol price in Malaysia was affordable. The cyber bullies took the opportunity to politicise and sensationalise the posting by using vulgar language against those who expressed support for the ruling government.
近期网络暴民也集体欺负马来西亚的一名著名女模 Leng Yein。Leng Yein 只不过是通过自己的面子书发表了关于马来西亚油价便宜的言论，却被投机的网霸将课题政治化，并被他们以粗俗暴力的言语攻击。他们也利用同样的粗暴言语攻击那些发表支持政府言论的网民。
Other examples of cyber bullying can be found on many opposition linked Facebook and most of them are politically inclined, explicit photos and vulgar languages have been used, the following is one example:
Examples of foul languages used and the list of cyber bullies can be found at the following link:
Contact person : Choo Kok Leong (Vice President of MYRM) 010-2660885