- KUALA LUMPUR, May 25 ― Former Indonesian vice-president Jusuf Kalla has accused Anwar Ibrahim of reneging on a peace deal to respect the outcome of Election 2013 that he brokered between the opposition leader and Datuk Seri Najib Razak in April.
- The Wall Street Journal reported today interviews with all three parties confirming the secret peace deal, and quoted Jusuf as claiming that he had phoned Anwar a day after the May 5 polls and urged the opposition leader to respect the commitment and “look at reality”.
- “We had a commitment,” Jusuf was quoted as saying. “But they said, ‘No, no, no, no.’ ‘‘
- The renowned international newspaper said that Anwar admitted to making the pact
- “How can you talk reconciliation when you demonise your opponent in this manner?” Anwar was quoted as saying.
- The WSJ wrote that it was Anwar who had approached Jusuf on the agreement two months ago, seeking the latter’s help in securing his opponent’s commitment for a peaceful election outcome.
- The deal was subsequently made in April.
- The two rivals had apparently rejected a clause in the accord to offer the loser a role in a “reconciliation government”, the WSJ wrote.
- An adviser to Najib reportedly confirmed the deal, telling the WSJ that Anwar had sought Jusuf’s assistance to secure a mutual agreement to accept the results of the polls peacefully
- “The prime minister reiterated privately to Jusuf Kalla and in public before the election that BN would respect the will of the people and accept the election results, even if the opposition wins,” the paper quoted the aide as saying.
- But Anwar’s version of the events surrounding the peace deal appeared to differ.
- Quoting Anwar, the WSJ wrote that it was Jusuf who reached out to offer his assistance in ensuring an orderly outcome to the polls.
OK lets cut the crap. Here is the real story. There is no offer from the University La Croissant in France for the Rear Admiral to lecture in Gender Relations. There never was any such thing. The present fracas is just an attempt to cover up this big hole.
Jusuf Kalla has spoilt the party by revealing to the Wall Street Journal that the Rear Admiral had reneged on an agreement and crap. All that is bull. There is no lecturer job waiting at University La Croissant. There never was.