- former pol-sec held for questioning by MACC for abusing welfare programme
- Datuk, former state assemblyman, former pol-sec to a Minister questioned at MACC headquarters in Putrajaya.
- MACC confirmed arrest related to a government welfare project.
- “The man has since been released but investigations are still on going,” he said
- did not want to reveal details since his officers were still probing the case.
- A statement from the MACC confirmed that they have questioned the Datuk
- MACC also seized 10 luxury vehicles belonging to the man Toyota Alphard, Golf GTI, Toyota Vellfire and Toyota Camry.
- The welfare programme comes under the 1AZAM programme, an initiative under the Women, Family and Community Development Ministry.
Blogger Apanama has put a few more details about the story here :
- Shahrizat's ex-political secretary in MACC net?
- Ex-political secretary to assist in MACC investigations
- By Azura Abas
- The MACC has roped in an ex-political secretary of a former senior cabinet minister to assist in investigations over the mismanagement of funds related to a programme for the poor.
- 10 luxury vehicles had also been confiscated to assist with investigations.
- detained last Saturday was also released on bail today. - NST
- Highly placed sources have revealed that the suspect could be Datuk Seri Shahrizat Jalil's former political secretary and that this latest scandal may be related to a 'Yayasan' which came under the Woman, Family and Community Development Ministry.
- Shahrizat is the immediate past minister of the ministry and the suspect is said to be her high ranking officer then.
- Sources also pointed that Shahrizat, who was recently appointed as Special Advisor to the Prime Minister, could be facing a fresh round of controversy following the MACC probe.
- The timing of this MACC swoop must have hit the controversy-striken Wanita Umno chief real hard since she is also defending her position in the upcoming party polls.
- Personal interests and considerations aside, we the rakyat must stand together and congratulate the MACC for a job well done... without fear or favour! - ends
My comments :
- the arrest was related to a government welfare project.
- "the MACC also seized 10 luxury vehicles belonging to the man, including a Toyota Alphard, Golf GTI, Toyota Vellfire and Toyota Camry."
Obviously the guy likes expensive cars. But what about paying for the road taxes, petrol, tyres, servicing and maintenance of the 10 luxury cars? Thats must cost at least another RM50,000 a year. So where did the money come from for the yearly maintenance of the cars?
Tak habis-habis cerita.