By Syed Akbar Ali.
I told you so. The majority of PKR members are Indian Tamils, mostly from the estates. Accoding to the PKR many of these estate Tamils are illiterate and don’t know if they are coming or going. Here read for yourself, from today’s Star. You can read the full report here.
- delegates expressed concern over the “quality” of its membership.
- Concerns over “illiterate” and politically immature members
- some members from an estate ..the impression party election voting for Selangor Mentri Besar.
- election officers had to help tick the ballot boxes to assist illiterate members.
- Syed Husin said new members should undergo training courses
- Thinagaran from Perak called on party leaders not to use terms like “Trojan horse”. . .“our members do not understand big words,’’ he said.
- Delegate Azman Abidin ..prevent “Tom, Dick and Harry” from contesting party positions.
- “How can they be division leaders when they can’t even fork out RM15,000 to hold programmes?”
- no representation of certain ethnic groups in the party’s top hierarchy.
- no representation from Sarawak in the central party leadership
- Indian leaders have voiced concerns not a single (Indian) leader was elected to the top.
- “All the heavyweight Indian leaders were thrown out.
- no Indian representation in the Wanita line-up.
I find the comment by Thinagaran from Perak interesting. He told party leaders not to use big words like “Trojan Horse”. Estate Indians do not watch ‘Troy’ with Brad Pitt in the role of Achilles. So they wont know big words like “Trojan Horse”. “Tipu punya kuda” may work but I don’t know. If that too is too difficult, maybe the Brader should just try ‘Deyyyyy !!! Thambi !!!!’ I am sure most of the PKR’s illiterate members would understand that.